At Desert Hills Dental we aren’t shy about sharing our love of CEREC. We literally think of it as our secret weapon.
You may be wondering, ‘What exactly is CEREC?’ Prepare to be amazed! First, it stands for Ceramic Reconstruction, and is a dental method used to restore a tooth that is broken, weak or decayed. The materials used are the closest to your natural enamel (no more silver teeth!). And, unlike the days of old when messy impressions or temporary crowns were needed, all the work is done in a single visit. The final result is a natural looking tooth that is not only healthy, but strong and beautiful!
CEREC uses CAD/CAM, fancy acronyms for computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing. The process allows Dr. Staten and her team to construct, produce and insert a ceramic crown, filling or veneer all while you relax and wait.
Sound too good to be true? We promise you it’s not
CEREC allows us to give our patients a fast and safe experience, ending with a long-lasting, ceramic tooth that looks oh-so natural.
Advantages of Using CEREC
- Healthier option than metal alternatives like gold and amalgam
- Ceramic product is bio-compatible with your teeth and highly durable
- CEREC’s bonding system needs a small amount of tooth surface to restore function so other teeth can likely be saved in the process
- Less drilling done and fewer anesthesia shots needed
- No outside lab work needed
- Digital imaging provides a 3D model of your teeth, allowing for efficiency and extreme accuracy
- No temporary crowns or impressions needed
- All work is done in a single visit, in some cases as little as an hour!
Ready to get in on our secret? Contact the Desert Hills Dental office today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Staten. She’ll go through the entire CEREC process with you and answer any questions you may have.