Invisalign® and SureSmile® clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles.
Invisalign® and SureSmile® Aligners in Las Vegas, NV
Clear aligners like Invisalign® and SureSmile® are effective and discreet orthodontic treatment options that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Both SureSmile® and Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With clear aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes about two years.
You remove any type of clear aligner for eating, drinking and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
How does the Invisalign® process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth and x-rays. Those records are sent to a lab with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Your impressions will be scanned to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® uses clear transparent plastic, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign® can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® does not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much does Invisalign® and SureSmile® cost?
The cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® and SureSmile® aligners the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign® aligners for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length / complexity of treatment. With both SureSmile® and Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.Contact Desert Hills Dental
Who can use clear aligners?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use clear aligners. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign® and Sure Smile® can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign®.
SureSmile® vs Invisalign®
At Desert Hills Dental we offer both Invisalign® and SureSmile® clear aligners. Both clear aligner systems share a number of features and function similarly. Some differences do exist however:
- Effectiveness. SureSmile® aligners are capable of correcting more severe orthodontic issues. Larger gaps and misalignments that would not be correctable with Invisalign® may still be fixable using SureSmile®.
Interested in Clear Aligners?
If you would like to set up a clear aligner consultation, if you have any questions about how clear aligners work, or if you're unsure if clear aligners are right for you—contact us.